Monday, January 02, 2006

Driver's License Legislation Necessary

Today in the Urinal Sentinel on the "Perspectives" page, a one Darlene Mendez writes about the harm that Senate bill 334 and Assembly bill 69 would create for legal and illegal immigrants if passed. She claims "broad repercussions" for all citizens. "Broad repercussions?" What?

I, for one, would like to know how it will be more difficult for me, a Wisconsin resident and citizen, to get my driver's license renewed when the time comes to pass. I have never, not since I started driving, had a problem displaying proof of residency. Why and how would it be difficult for a resident to prove it? Do they not get mail at their address? Do they not file tax returns? Do they not attend some type of school or institution of higher learning? Do they not have a job?

This is a really weak argument. REALLY weak. The most difficulty I have come across in obtaining a driver's license was when it was time for me to assist my sister in getting a state identification card (she chooses not to drive, probably a good thing). In order for us to get her the ID card, we needed to return to the homestead after waiting in the excrutiatingly long line to obtain her tax return in lieu of a piece of personal mail.

OOOOOOH! Big deal! Fine, I have no problem going a little out of my way to secure the interests of the country.

Why, what do you mean "interests of the country?" What could you possibly be eluding to? I'll tell you what I am eluding to. I don't WANT illegals to be able to obtain driver's licenses. Am I racist? No. Are you blind to the fact that we are all, in essence, immigrants and should all have an equal chance? No. Then what, pray tell, DCS would want you to prevent others from taking advantage of the freedoms you have "taken advantage of?"

TERRORISTS! Do you want me to spell it out for you? T-E-R-R-O-R-I-S-T-S. If you have a decent memory, you will recall that the 9/11 plane hijackers all had driver's licenses. This key enabler allowed them to move around and live freely in our country in order to complete their heinous crimes.

Oh, but DCS, none of these illegals applying are terrorists!!! Boo effin' hoo. Too bad. Go back to where it is you came from and obtain a legal means of entry to this country. Once you have done so, I have no problem with you getting a driver's license. According to Mz. Mendez, all you would then need is "...proof of legal permanent or conditional residency, a valid visa, an application for asylum, valid refugee status or an application for legal permanent residency." Is that so difficult? I didn't think so.

And your argument about illegals not coming forward to authorities to report crime and testify? Another weak argument. This isn't a point you can argue considering that it is a hypothetical. You can do better, can't you Mz. Mendez?

And what fake identification black market are you referring to? Oh, I am not naive, I am sure one exists. But it is only a matter of time until law enforcement discovers it and it is shut down. Another weak argument.

"Furthermore, the legislation undermines national security." No, Mz. Mendez, not passing the patriot act undermines national security.

If this legislation isn't passed, what next? Are we going to allow illegals to vote? Should they have that "unalienable" right too? Hmmm, Mz. Mendez?

What a joke this state is becoming. A common sense law like this is a MUST pass law. Without a law like this, we open the door for continuous possibilities for terrorists and attackers. No, I am not being paranoid, I am just thinking with my head. You see, conservatives tend to rely on common sense and good judgement, something I don't expect the liberal readers of this blog to ever understand.

3 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger Dad29 said...

The word is "ALLUDE", not "elude."

If Wisconsin does NOT pass the law, Wisconsin DL's will not be considered ID for Federal purposes--meaning that you can't use your DL to get on an airplane anymore.

Even BagManJimbo recognizes that's a problem. He'll sign it.

You can thank Sensenbrenner for setting it up that way!!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger steven edward streight said...

This whole pampered bleeding heart "don't keep score, let even losers win" cess pool America is funny in it's decadence and soft flabby attitude toward all things.

I don't want illegal aliens to have anything. I'd like to see them shot in the head.

That would scare the terrorists.

Illegal aliens are bad because they open the way for terrorists. They are not totally evil themselves, but as the cops say, if they break one law, they may break a lot of others.

Illegal aliens, those who scoff our immigration laws, should get nothing. No food stamps. Why give criminals anything at all?

Liberal idiots want illegal aliens to have everything, even easier than real citizens, because then that racial group will vote for them.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger steven edward streight said...

I knew some illegal aliens.

They joked about their multiple identities.

They had multiple drivers licenses and lots of social security numbers, all phoney.

They also had like two wives, three girlfriends, and assorted crack whores.

Nice bunch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home