Monday, August 29, 2005

Car of the Week



Well, well, well, I stand officially corrected. It looks as if I finally will feature a domestic vehicle on my prestigious website. I found something I like, and wouldn't you know it, the Zephyr is underpinned by an import. The new Lincoln Zephyr (pictured above) is the latest edition to the Lincoln line up and their latest attempt at the entry luxury sedan segment.

Based off of a Mazda 6 utilizing the Ford 3.0L Duratec V6 with i-VCT (intake variable cam timing, same setup as VVT or variable valve timing in the Mazda 6), the engine will produce 210 HP and attached to the 6 speed automatic transmission (a Mazda 6 tranny) will probably produce 30mpg on the highway (my guess, average mileage).

I like this car. I like this car a lot. Now, I know what you are thinking. You are thinking that the only reason I like this car is because it is built off of a Mazda 6 platform and that I am posting it so that I don't seem so biased. Well, you are wrong. The styling of this vehicle strikes me very well, and the interior looks top notch in the pictures. Considering that the engineers took the undepinnings of an award winning reliable sedan, I think that the car will fare well in road test and reliability predictions. Time will tell the ultimate story, of course, and will come back to bite me in the ass if I am wrong.

For more information visit:

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=19933

For the record, the new Ford Fusion is also built off of the Mazda 6 platform and I don't like it at all. It's is unoffensive to the eye, which is the only reason it will sell. See, have a look for yourself..



This will now be a weekly feature in my blog, automobile of the week. If you have any suggestions or comments, please feel free to post. Ultimately I am right because it is my website.

4 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

Hee Hee Hee... Come look at this country: U R Gay!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

You are so stupid.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

The car is sweet - Detroit comeback. Probably expensive but something I would drive. I'd probably have to remove all the Mazda parts and replace with American made products. Nice pick of the week.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

Assembled in the good old USA, just like the Mazda 6. Car starts at $30k and goes fully loaded for $36k plus t.t.l.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home