Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hideous Cars...


First, the new B9 Tribeca from Subaru. This is an ugly car. Very ugly. It makes you wonder what the designers had in mind when they designed this car. "Hmmm, do we want to see if we make make a crossover SUV/Minivan even more unattractive? Is it actually possible?" I swear that they had to be asking themselves this when they made this car. Furthermore, what is with the shitty ad campaign? 'Dust in the Wind' is becoming a really annoying song. Having heard it a million times coming out of peoples' mouths after the movie 'Old School' I don't want to hear it on an SUV commercial. Proof again that the execs at GM are cooking up and smoking some serious crank....


Next, I know I'm gonna catch some flak from this one, the '06 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I hate this car more than the last one. It has become more bulbous in the bumbers and the belt lines. It looks like a new wife after two years, filled out. The lights and front end resemble that of a small rodent. The only thing appealing about this vehicle is the powerful V6 they dumped under the hood, but, even then you can waith for that in the next gen R32 Golf. Mitsu, the only manufacturer who has to offer 0% right now to sell their cars, is still in trouble, and not going to be saved by the new Eclipse.


I have always like the WRX STi. I even like the plain old WRX. Now, I am not quite sure. Why is Subaru going down this styling road? Why does GM have to bury everything that they touch. I'm really on the fence with this car, we'll just have to wait and see.


What? What? They are really serious about this car? This looks like an old lego creation of mine. I had no idea until now that this car was on the way. It is really hideous. I don't love what you do for me, Toyota. I think it's a mistake and will follow the Pontiac Aztek quickly, just like the Do Do bird. In a time where gas has hit almost $3.00 per gallon, you need to build an attractive SUV to sell it, not this thing.

I'll keep you posted in the world of hideous rides anytime I see something that needs to be put down.

5 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

intersting. i almost agreed with you. the eclipse is okay, i'd drive it and the toyota might be a popular selling suv. i think i like it. the more i look at it, the more it grows on me. as far as the first horrifying crossover, i loathe that car.

don't even get me started on the marketing campaign. the song is the perfect song for the commercial, it's emotionally evocative creating a familiarity between the vehicle and target audience. just like cadillac did to revive its sales. subaru failed though.

i'd explain more but i think i might of broke my wrist last night. trouble typing. (notice no caps) stupid window.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

Considered putting the PT Cruiser in, but it smashed sales records. Can't put down a winner like that.

Honorable mention to the Honda Element and the Scion XB. Very Hideous.

Caddy had a good ad song. "break on Through" by Zepplin was appropriate for the message they wanted to convey. "I Close My Eyes"... come on.

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of ugly cars i would have to say that the Isuzu Axiom is one nasty ride. I know i will most likly be touching a nerve with Mr. con tastic but really.....

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

IDIOT. Mr. intelagent sez u r n IDIOT. Guy haz no tast fur carz. nise blaser.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

You are both morons

 

Post a Comment

<< Home