Friday, August 26, 2005

Quitter


I'm attempting to quit smoking. I don't have a whole lot of support from really anyone. Everyone is kinda giving me crap telling me that there is no way that I can do it. You have to know me on a personal level on this one. Mentally, I am a strong person, but physically, well, sometimes not. I like taverns and I like the night life. I like enjoying a good beer with my friends. I can handle not smoking at work(barely, there are people here who drive me up the wall sometimes), but drinking a beer without a smoke? That's gonna be a tough.

There are a lot of positives to this though. I am not spend $30 - $40 a week an a bad habit. My lungs don't hurt. My clothes already smell better. All of those things I didn't really mind... It was a package deal before, what you saw is what you got. Now, in Milwaukee, everyone smokes. Everyone. Obviously not everyone smokes, but a lot of us do. There is no smoking ban, and there probably will never be. It feels as though I may have lost a little edge, you know what I mean?

This crap is all in my head. Just the start really of a bunch of stuff I have been thinking about. I can't even concentrate today on finding something to bitch about. That's probably the reason for my weak posts from yesterday too. There are a lot of ugly cars out there and I missed a bunch. I'm gonna have to repost a new list.

I'll keep you updated in my fight against smoking.

4 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gimmie a break,,,,,your going to quit smoking??? I don't buy it. When we are out drinking ill be sure to blow smoke in your face lol

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

You are such a punk

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Dad29 said...

Hint:

You got a problem with knocking back a beer and holding off the nicotine?

STOP BOOZING!

Easy. For more free and simple advise, consult me.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

I will not stop boozing, however, I do not go to the bar as much....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home