Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Slaggin' Sales Bring New Promos...

As I write this entry it is currently 31 degrees with the wind coming out of the west at approximately 15 mph and lightly flurrying. Why the weather update in Milwaukee, WI.? Because it is one of the final nails in the sales coffin that I currently reside.

Although I am in a market that is currently depressed for several factors (weather up here being one of them), I wouldn't trade my spot with GM for anything outside of a billion dollars, U.S.

Although GM promised it would eliminate incentive based selling on it's '06 products, it has already reneged on the deal. Moving away from "Value Pricing," it has opted for what is known as the "Red Tag" event. This particular sales event will run from now into early January and will include special financing and rebates to move stagnant swamp product including '05 and '06 models. Autoextremist.com has a nice take on it at their site (scroll down the page half way). They put is best with the comment at the end of their short take in reference to GM's "Death Spiral."

The question is, where does the "Death Spiral" lead?

4 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do you seem to take such joy in GM going down? I mean, sure, they strolled around like king shit for a long time thinking nobody could touch them, and nobody likes arrogance...but ALOT of people work for GM. if they go down, they'll drag the economy down with them won't they? at least partially....

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

No, I criticize because the reneged on a plan that I thought was good for them. If you read my blog on a daily basis you would see that.

No one wants to see them go down. It would be detrimental to our economy. Either way it is a matter of time before manufacturing becomes a thing of the past in this country.

GM know what they have to do, but won't do it. I criticize in order to motivate. Maybe they will wake up if enough people bitch. Then they can make the right changes and become profitable again. They can make the right changes so I want to actually sell their product. I am patriotic. I love my country and everything about it. I would love it if I could have a passion for American cars again. But sadly, unless they make changes and wake up, this isn't going to happen.

In the future, post a name and not anon on this site. Read my opening line.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

I agree with anonymous. It's evident that you do want to see the big three crumble. Your constant beratement isn't some kind of patriotic banter, but really you want to see the demise of the American motor car.

Granted, GM's management is equivalent to twelve chimpanzees; I still hope for the success of the company. Also, they need our support to keep Detroit alive. We'll see what happens when GM fails and you dance on their graves. Then watch the US economy go to shit too.

-BTW, if you don't want anonymous posters, go into your options and moderate the comments to eliminate anonymous bloggers.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

OOOOOOOKKKKKKAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
The premise of letting anons post on this site is that they CAN put a name on it. They do not have to have a blogger account to post on this site, but without some kind of tag line, their comments are worth next to nothing to me.

Moving on. I praised GM for value pricing on this blog here is the entry - http://disgruntledcarsalesman.blogspot.com/2005/07/common-sense-at-gm.html - and they have already reneged because they fucked themselves and the market soooo bad with the employee pricing for everyone.

If they sucked it up for five years, eliminated incentive based selling, and introduced product that sold itself, they wouldn't have a problem. But, because they seem to enjoy digging themselves into a deeper hole, I will continue to berate them.

'Nuf Said!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home