Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Racing Chorizo

Last night at the Brewer game, besides discussing the great pitching game of Ben Sheets, and the horrible job Dave Bush did in replacing him and losing us the game, we discussed the new Chorizo Racing sausage soon to join the Famous Klement's Racing Sausages. Apparently this is set to happen on Thursday. This brings a lot of good questions to the table.

Is this a marketing ploy, or is it just a way to pander to the Mexican fans and people?

I am not sure how I feel about this yet. Every part of me tells me that this is just some sort of stunt designed to pander in order to appear more pc. Or, maybe some lefty CEO up there in the ranks of Klement's feels bad about his so called racist company. But then again, the Mexican culture is a big part of our country and the game of baseball. They are also a pretty big buying demographic and a chunk of the sausage market too.

What do you think? I will tell you my real opinions and my made up mind after I see the Chorizo race on Friday night.


Get Ready, Get Set.... For more competition!

4 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Is that Wilford Brimley on the right?

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

Belling covered it in detail today. It's actually kind of upsetting. Perhaps this is a PC move but what about marketing to a growing demographic? What happened to the millions of fans that are Mexican. Granted, this falls at an awkward time, why does everyone harp on a company that's trying to capitalize.

Capitalize... capitalism

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Dad29 said...

1) It appears that Klement's will be rolling out a Chorizo product and this is a marketing-support action in cooperation with the Brewers.

2) Klement's factory is located just east of the Mexican part of town--on Chase Ave south of Lincoln. Most likely they have a number of Mexicans who work there.

So it's not a bad move from an HR standpoint, either.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

Like I said, I must see it for myself before I make my final decision. I am leaning your way, Dad29.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home