Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Harsh Punishment

A 12 year old boy in Columbia, S.C. decided that he couldn't wait until Christmas to play with his Nintendo Game Boy. Can't wait 19 more days, huh?

I must say that when I was young that I could hardly wait for Christmas to come. The night before always seemed to be the most agonizing. Waiting and waiting(now, my mother will not allow my younger sisters to open their presents until the whole family is present and accounted for, which is why I show up around ten... heh).

But this young boy decided instead to go to Grandma's next door and get his present early and play with it. So, did he get a paddling? Nah. Better call the cops.

The mother called police Sunday after learning her son had disobeyed orders and repeatedly taken a Game Boy from its hiding place at his grandmother's house next door and played it. He was arrested on petty larceny charges, taken to the local police station in handcuffs and held until his mother picked him up after church.


Ouch! That'll teach him. From what the rest of the article says, he deserved it. Better yet, he really doesn't even deserve a present that nice anyway. If I acted the way this kid did when I ways his age, I would be lucky to get underwear and socks for Christmas.

5 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger P.I. Mom said...

Ok - the first indication that something is terribly wrong is that they are giving this kid ADD meds and they aren't working....because here's the thing...Ritalin, Dexadrine and the likes do NOT work for people who do not have ADD - in fact, all they do is suppress the appetite and react in the system like SPEED. It sounds like the kid doesn't have ADD - doesn't need the meds and the dope is exacerbating his behavioral problems. What he PROBABLY needs is a good old fashioned "hair-pull-butt-kick", as my grandfather used to say.
If I had done something like this, I would have endured a fate much worse than being turned over to the police - I would have had to face my parents - which is why I wouldn't have dared....and why my kids would never dare....
I feared my parents a whole lot more than I feared anyone else. The mom is copping out - if the kid had any respect for his mother or grandmother this wouldn't have happened and if you don't command respect from a child, it doesn't come naturally.
O.K. Off my soapbox.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Dad29 said...

You would have been lucky to get State-Issued undies and socks.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're lucky if you WEAR underwear and socks.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I loved this. It's about time parents started to take these little brat's in hand.

This brat will learn there are consequences.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Mark said...

What's wrong with underwear and socks?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home