Friday, November 18, 2005

VW Celebrates 50 Years in America

VWoA Inc. is celebrating 50 years in America. VW, a car company that embraces being different and being proud of it has had an interesting 50 years in this country. From the cult classic original beetle (which, by the way, surpassed the Ford Model T in the most production units of a car) all the way to the new Volkswagen Eos which is due out in May, 2006.

VW set up a nice little site, FiftyOnTheRoad.com where they have photos of hundreds of VW owners and their cars. The love for the brand is one of the reasons I have been selling them for almost three years now. Thanks, VW, for being part of my history too.

Couple of my favorite pictures from the site...


Little kid likes the VW Chrome.


Cool, clean, little VW.


Nice hair, nice old Beetle.


A family obsession.


Gripper buys his last VW, a Phaeton.


The new Volkswagen Eos, due in May 2006. The Eos will be a 2 door, 4 seat glass hard top convertible. It will also come equipped with a moonroof. This will be one interesting car...

8 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Dad29 said...

Technically, the "cool, clean VW" is a Karmann Ghia, made by VW but desinged by someone with taste.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

I know that it is a Ghia, thank you. I am sure that it was designed by Ferdinand Porsche, as was the original Beetle.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger P.I. Mom said...

I think the guy with the old beetle is my dad! HA!

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who Cares crap made in Mexico

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

Who asked you anon?

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny to see the picture of my daughter (in the VW reflection) on your site - great choice!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

Is that your daughter? Small world. You have a cute kid, and a great taste in cars.

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, my daughter reflected in my Passat - two of my favorite things! (photo was taken by my dad)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home