Thursday, August 17, 2006

Terrorists, or Just a Strange Tradition?

From Kenosha News Today:

Kenosha Wisconsin (AP) Two men are in custody today due to the vigilance of a Walmart employee Bernice Hansen. In a statement to Kenosha police by Hansen the two men now identified as Dennis Misner, 23 of Gurnee IL, Adam Morbark 22 of Forest Park IL, entered her checkout lane on Wednesday with a large quantity (reportedly 37 rolls) of blue painters tape and the new Celine Dion compact disc “The Miracle”. Hansen said “With all the terrorist activity going on with stuff like Trac Phones, I just couldn’t see anything good coming out of two young guys running around with all that tape and that Celine Dion cd. That’s when I called my manager.”

Kenosha police sergeant Vincent (Vinnie) Gianaselli said the two men were apprehended and brought in for questioning about the incident late Wednesday afternoon. “There were some inconsistencies in the two men’s stories which lead to what is now an ongoing investigation” said Gianaselli in an interview on Thursday. He continued “Mr. Misner was very stirred up by the incident and claimed the attempted tape purchase was for a painting project and the cd was purchased as a gift for his sister. Mr. Morbark who insisted on being identified only as ‘turbo18tee’ claimed all 37 rolls of tape were intended to be applied to the two men’s vehicles in some sort of yearly ritual they perform called Treffen. Morbark also claimed the Celine Dion cd the two attempted to purchase was just ‘jams’ to be played while the tape ritual was performed.”

Gianaselli said there were still a lot of unanswered questions. Due to the highly irregular nature of the incident and the crossing of state lines, Kenosha PD turned the case over the the FBI field office in Cincinatti OH early this afternoon who at the time of press could not be reached for comment.

Both Misner and Morbark are being held without bond under the guidelines of the recently renewed Patriot Act.


You can't make this stuff up people. These guys were going Treffen, a VW show in northern Illinois. A buddy of mine tipped me off about these two. What a riot.

HT: VENOM

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger P.I. Mom said...

That's hilarious. I don't really know about the Treffen thing. I thought that was something they did in Germany. Just to punctuate my naivete - I saw a couple of guys when I was visiting my brother in Virginia who were carrying rolls of blue painters tape. They were definitely up to no good - it smelled of it, but I am so out of touch with what mischeif goes on these days, I couldn't figure out what they were doing. I thought I would ask my "much more experienced" brother and lo and behold - he had no idea either. Maybe they were going to put it on their cars and listen to Celine.
Oh, and I'd love to respond to your last comment - but you'll have to e-mail me from the link on my blog. I don't want to carry on that conversation there - or here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home