Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Finally, GM

Finally! Finally GM has introduced the value pricing on their vehicles eliminating rebates for once and for all. Maybe, just maybe, this will stabilize their used and new vehicle markets.

I feel bad for those upside down to the tune of $5k or more, as now the defunct rebates will not aid you in getting out of your loan.

I have been raving on and on about this (in case you aren't a regular) and am glad I am seeing GM take a step in the right direction.

Kudos!

HT: DeLorenzo

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger M.Z. said...

I'm just curious if you know how the dealers are doing now. I got out of the business not too long before the "Employee Price" promotion. I know the lot I was at was buried pretty high in most of their used inventory. I imagine some of the dealers felt some pain. (It might be why Gordie sold to Ernie in Port, but that could have been for other reasons.) Just curious if you have any insight there.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

We are doing okay. And when I say okay, you know that means a little hungry and could use some more floor traffic.

We are an imports dealer, so we did not get buried with used inventory that we can't move. Also because we are an imports store, we don't have to worry about zero traffic like the domestic dealers have. We have a steady trickle coming in.

Last two months it really was a slaughter house here, and we got beat by other dealers in the area in our market. We typically don't get beat by them and we are still recovering.

This month, and this year, will be a great year though. Lots of new product for us in the pipe, and a strong economy.

All speculation though, time will tell. I won't stop until I get between 150 and 175 units.

Ernie and Boucher? Who knows what they are doing up in Port. My guess is ol Gordie needs some cash to pay his bar tab and for his fancy new house down south of here... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home